International Symposium of Development of Children’s Botanical Garden (The first round of notice; 2017 September 1)
The growth of children is related to the future of social development. A healthy and ecological environment plays a vital role in the growth of children. Most children in the city live in an artificial environment from an early age, and far from the real nature. In order to promote the construction and development of children's botanical gardens both domestic and abroad, we are planning to host the International Symposium of Development of Children 's Botanical Garden at Shanghai Chenshan Botanical Garden (Shanghai Chenshan Plant Science Research Center, Chinese Academy of Sciences) , from Nov. 4th to 5th. We will discuss and share the successful experience on construction and cooperation, and promote children's education from the" over-protection "to" explore the world. "
The symposium will have the theme of "Construction and Development of Children's Botanical Garden - Exploring Natural Green Space". We will invite numbers of famous experts and scholars both domestic and abroad to discuses and exchange the view on the topic of development and future of children's botanical garden, understanding the needs of plant knowledge of children on different ages, the design of children's botanical gardens based on children's perceptions, the design of popular science education activities in children's botanical gardens, and so on. We sincerely welcome the experts both domestic and abroad who work on science education research and construction of children's botanical gardens, and others who related to management to participate the symposium! Details of reports will be announced at the second round.
Meeting time: Nov.4th to Nov.5th, 2017 (check in on Nov.3th).
Venue: Shanghai Chenshan Botanical Garden (Shanghai Academy of Botany, Shanghai, China), science class room (Chenhua Road No.3888, Songjiang District, Shanghai, China).
Conference Language: Chinese / English (Live Translation).
1. Theme and Topics
Theme: Construction and Development of Children’s Botanical Garden - Exploring the Natural Green Space;
1. Development and future of children's botanical garden
2. Understanding the needs of plant knowledge of children on different ages
3. Design of children's botanical gardens based on children's perceptions
4. Design of Popular Science Education Activities with science, art, culture, ecology, biodiversity and other content in Children’s Botanical Garden
2. Report and Poster
The symposium will set special reports, roundtable, seminars, poster display and other aspects (Details will be announced on the second round). Roundtable and poster show can be joining freely. The summary of the report and the abstract of the poster will be compiled and made available to all delegates.
(1) Summary and abstract format (all reports and posters are required to submit): Chinese and English writing; title contain 20 words maximum (no subtitle), 5 words maximum for keywords, and 400 words maximum for the main text. All author names are used Full name. The presenting author’s e-mail address is also required.
(2) Poster specifications: Please prepare your poster in A0 Scale (841mm in width and 1189 mm in height), vertical version.
3. Registration and payment
(1) Registration: Please log in to the official website for online registration
(2) Registration fee: including conference materials, conference meals (excluding breakfast), coffee break, transportation between recommended hotel and venue (excluding inter-city transportation, accommodation, breakfast and study fees). The following fees are RMB.
* Graduate: graduate students must provide a copy of the student identification card or letter of confirmation signed by the head of your department when on-line registration. Post-doctoral fellows are not classified as graduate students
(3) Payment method:
Beneficiary: Shanghai Chenshan Botanical Garden;
Beneficiary Bank: Shanghai Pudong Development Bank, the first sales department; Account No.: 97990155260000204 (RMB Account only).
*Please write "2017 ISDCBG" with the participant's name in the place of "Message"; ** Please submit the proof of payment such as transfer receipt to the registration page.
(4) Invoice: The registration fee receipt or invoice will be available at the onsite registration area during the symposium. Please inform the correct name of your organization for the invoice when you register online. (Note: The invoice for this conference is only: training fee.)
4. Important dates
Oct. 19th, 2017: Deadline for abstract submission (including oral presentation and poster);
Oct. 19th, 2017: Deadline for Early-Bird registration;
Nov. 3th, 2017: Onsite registration;
Nov. 4th - 5th, 2017: Symposium;
Nov. 6th, 2017: Departure.
Shanghai Chenshan Botanical Garden (Chinese Academy of Sciences Shanghai Chenshan Plant Research Center),
Address: Chenhua Road No.3888, Songjiang District, Shanghai;
Post Code: 201602;
Songyan WANG, Tel: 021-37792288-327, E-mail: cs3888 @ 126.com;
International Representative: Feng Jia, Tel: 021-37792288-826, E-mail: email@example.com.
Organizing Committee for the International Symposium of Construction and Development of Children’s Botanical Garden
(Shanghai Chenshan Botanical Garden)
Sep. 1, 2017